2020: What a year?!

So it is over ten days into 2021, and I just realized I am yet to gather my thoughts about 2020. I guess everyone had a time of retrospection, throwbacks, and so many end-of-year shenanigans. But here I am on Jan 14th (12:23 am), trying so hard to end 2020 in my head with this note. 


I screamed “Happy New Year!” and did every other conventional activity that comes with a new year, but I walked into the year nonchalantly. No. I actually slept into the new year. I could not risk taking the “new year, new me” path because I knew I would get lost. 


But this is me screaming: “Fu*k you, 2020!”


Returning to school with so much energy in Feb 2020 was my starter pack. I just wanted to smash all my goals – live, love, learn, explore, connect, grow, stay happy, and maintain good grades. But I ended up staying ten months in school doing one thing: living. 


It was a game. Survival of the fittest, maybe. Each month displayed the power of their numbers in ascending order. As we counted down, we saw double of everything the previous month served. Somehow, we were not oblivious of our journey; we knew that moving further meant more troubles, but that was the only option. 


We lived through a global pandemic, economic meltdown, increased rape stories, religious wars, racial struggles, gender wars, police brutality, academic blackout, mental disorders, violence, and an updated version of “human wickedness in high places.” All in 366 days, mornings, and nights. 


It was fierce. The list will not be complete without mentioning our battles. I mean! We had to deal with global issues and personal chaos all at the same time. At a point, we all became “selfish” because everyone was looking out for themselves. There was no shoulder to lean on because everyone had a fair share of the global burden. 


Every sector was overwhelmed. No one had it figured out. But it was also a blessing in disguise for poverty, as it increased production. Nigga was having fun because all his products were selling – hunger, pain, depression, sickness, hatred, and death. 


It was a brutal journey.



But amidst the chaos, humans found love, money, direction, and strength to pull through. We found an opportunity to hope again, to strive, and do better. We found an extra life – 2021.


Once again, we have entered a new game level, a journey without prior knowledge of what is ahead. But we are SURE of what we want from this game— peace, happiness, money, fulfillment, and everything good. Remember, we do not have it all figured out; the zeal is still absent as we are exhausted from the previous year, nursing our wounds and whatnot. 


But if 2020 is a book, it would be the “Beginner's Guide into the 20s.” We only got to give it a title after reading. So brace yourself, the hurdles will be high, and you will need to cross them independently. However, the good thing is that we are no longer BEGINNERS. We read the guide, and we MUST read through each chapter of this year to give it a title at the end. 


There is also a hack to help you sustain your energy through each chapter — be a FRIEND, utilize the presence of friends and family, listen to songs that pump you, and attach yourself to whatever strengthens you.  


The truth is we will sustain a lot of injuries this year. But I sincerely hope that in all, this year heals all the pains 2020 inflicted on us. 


Live. Stay happy. Make money. Be kind. And explore at your pace.


We stay winning.


Enjoy your journey, darlings.💚


PS: What is your slogan for the year? Drop them in the comment section. Let's interact.🤗

Comments

  1. When backs were against walls, we trusted God, and he made a way

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was indeed a brutal year but we move. We know what lies ahead will give us the strength to live on.
    Thanks for this awesome write up. Twas timely...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The strength to always pull through. Thank you, dear. We keep pushing.🥂🙌

      Delete
  4. You always amaze me God has been so wonderful to us no matter the situation

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope for the Best
    Expect the Unexpected !!!!

    Thanks for sharing 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your slogan.☺️

      Thank you for reading.🙌🙌🤗

      Delete
  6. Thanks for this really Amii

    It came at the right time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. And have a beautiful year.☺️

      Delete
  7. There is not better slogan for the year than, "WE MUVEEE".
    I love you so much baby girl, keep on the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We moveeee. I love your slogan. Thanks a lot, darling.❣️🤗

      Delete
  8. ☺️☺️ Grateful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed.☺️🙌 I will borrow your slogan.😁

      Delete
  9. Brilliant piece.
    I love the "beginners guide into the 20's" paragraph and everything else

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much.☺️🙌 Have a fun-filled year.

      Delete
  10. 2020 was a year to appreciate what we have and as for 2021 I'm personally anticipating for better days ahead.

    By the ways, you did nailed this article my dear friend.kudos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should anticipate everything good, dear. Thank you for reading.☺️

      Delete
  11. A sounding applause . I think this year title should be The 20's Journey Proper..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. But we will give it a title at the end of the story.

      Thank you for reading.☺️🙌

      Delete
  12. Nice piece as always, the year 2020 was an eye opener for everyone and though 2021 might sound like 2020 won,it shows how strong we can be in the face of adversities and how we can overcome whatever obstacle the year throws at us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We keep pushing. 🙌☺️ Thank you for reading.

      Delete
  13. Each paragraph is captivating.
    Slogan ''It can only get better''.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your slogan.🙌☺️
      Have a beautiful year, dear.

      Delete
  14. 2020 caused tears...
    It didn't know it will cause us to clear our eyes and see clearer.��
    I loved every bit of this piece, especially the part of returning to school all pumped up��

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing. ❣️

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a very lovely piece Amaka, reading this actually made me feel like I was having a conversation with someone.

    I think my own slogan is "what doesn't kill us makes us stronger"

    More of this dear ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it was relatable.😚 And I love your slogan.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PERFECT DAY